Fitment Guide: 86/BRZ, 12-21
The Radium fuel pump hanger permits the use of one or two Walbro E85 fuel pumps and is compatible with Subaru BRZ and Toyota 86 vehicles.
The machined assembly mounts in the factory fuel tank using the OEM ring and gaskets and reuses the OEM fuel level sender. A single -8AN male pump feed port and -6AN male return port simplify aftermarket -AN hose plumbing. The complete assembly fits under the OEM access cover without modification.
The custom designed stainless electrical studs easily handle the high current demand that compact bulkhead connectors lack. These serviceable connections are properly sealed and impervious to all standard and exotic fuels. The low profile design keeps all wiring tucked nicely underneath the OEM cover plate. Nonconductive acorn nuts are provided to prevent any accidental short circuits. Furthermore, the high quality in-tank wiring is insulated with chemically resistant PTFE.
The kit includes a venturi jet pump with a pressure-relief valve. Without a properly designed jet pump, fuel cannot be properly transferred from the passive side of the OEM saddle bag fuel tank to the active side where the pump(s) reside. When fuel pump flow is increased, the OEM jet pump becomes too restrictive creating unwanted backpressure in the FPR return line causing excessive fuel rail pressure.
The kit also includes a vehicle-specific contoured billet aluminum collector box. There are two 1" check valve balls incorporated on the tank that serves as trap doors keeping the pump(s) supplied dynamically with fuel during aggressive driving. Furthermore, all returning fuel from the pressure regulator return and the crossover hose enter the collector box through a one-way duckbill valve keeping it full. The duckbill valve prevents back flow and reduces noise from fuel spray. The collector box also permits a mounting solution for the OEM fuel level sender.
Single pump applications (shown above) can reuse the OEM fuel pump controller wiring, but it is recommended to upgrade the wiring as these high flow fuel pumps draw additional current requiring larger gauge wire. Fuel pump wiring kits can be purchased separately (Part # 17-0031)
- Anodized Aluminum Laser Etched Plate
- Anodized Aluminum Collector Box and Check Valves
- Anodized Aluminum Venturi Jet Pump
- Anodized Aluminum 8AN Male Outlet Fitting
- Anodized Aluminum 6AN Male Inlet Fitting
- Anodized Aluminum Dual Pump Cradle
- Anodized Aluminum Pump Outlet Fittings
- PTFE Wire with Stainless Steel Terminals
- Fluorosilicone Duckbill Return Valve
- Stainless Steel Hardware and Clamps
- This system is only compatible with AEM 50-1220 fuel Pumps
- This system requires the use of an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator.
- This system eliminates the OEM hanger's "post" fuel pump filter. A low micron aftermarket fuel filter should be installed downstream to protect the injectors from contaminants.